The Mu Omicron Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People at Valdosta State University will host the Lowndes County Democratic Party’s Newly Elected Chairman Gerone “Andy” Anderson as a guest speaker at their upcoming commemorative Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., march and candlelight vigil. Chairman Anderson will discuss, “Why the fight is not yet over for African-Americans. And why it is imperative that we educate ourselves as to what form racism has taken on in 2019.” Please come out and join us to commemorate the life and legacy of America’s greatest Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
When: 10:30 a.m. on Monday, January 21, 2019
Where: Meeting at the University Center Fountain, located near the end at the front steps of West Hall; The march starts promptly at 11:00 a.m.; Candlelight Vigil to Follow Immediately after the march.
A MLK, Jr., Brunch will be held following the march in the Student Union Ballrooms.
MLK, Jr., Day of Service from 1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Follow the link below for service opportunities!
The Lowndes County Democratic Party
- Promotes development of Democratic Party organization and activities
- Seeks and encourages qualified candidates for public office
- Supports Democratic nominees
- Performs such election functions as are required by law
- Maintains appropriate records, promotes, and adds logistical support to the State Affirmative Action program
- Raises funds for the above purposes
Gerone “Andy” Anderson, Chairman
(229) 506-0842, (229) 560-3785 (mobile)
Lowndes County Democratic Party
P.O. Box 4198
Valdosta, GA 31604