Please join us for a public meeting about the issue of animal rights and animal welfare on Monday, December 7 at 6:00 pm. Facebook event.
“The manner in which we care for our pets is a measure of the quality of our community as a whole. A community that tolerates animal cruelty and neglect is one that tolerates low standards throughout the community.”
Our guest panel speakers will include:
- Dr. Amanda Hall from Baytree Animal Hospital,
- Dr. Tom Aiello from the VSU History Department,
- Ashlie Prain from the VSU Anthropology Club,
- and Michelle Williams from the Pixel Fund Rescue.
Lowndes County has been invited to send a speaker about the animal shelter, but has not yet responded.
The meeting will take place at Mama June’s restaurant at 3286 Inner Perimeter Road. You do not need to purchase food to join in the discussion.
You can become an LCDP member or renew today to help elect Democrats!
Back in January, Dr. Amanda Hall proposed an anti-tethering ordinance to the Lowndes County Commission, and numerous local citizens spoke in favor of it, including Tom Hochschild. Almost a year later, what’s the status of that proposed ordinance?
About the Lowndes County Democratic Party
The Lowndes County Democratic Party:
- promotes development of Party organization and activities
- seeks and encourages qualified candidates for public office
- supports Democratic nominees
- performs such election functions as are required by law
- maintains appropriate records, promotes and adds logistical support to the State Affirmative Action program
- raises funds for the above purposes
Tom Hochschild, Chair
Lowndes County Democratic Party
P.O. Box 4198
Valdosta, GA 31604